- This event has passed.
Brunch with County Executive Dr. Calvin Ball Fundraiser
August 21 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm EDT
We all worked tirelessly to get Calvin elected in 2018, and he has dedicated the last 4 years to making Howard County safer and improving our educational systems and funding despite a global pandemic. Calvin has been a tremendous leader for Howard County and the state. Please join Jeremy Eldridge, Dr. Scott Berkowitz and Julian Min for a Brunch in support of County Executive Dr. Calvin Ball on Sunday, August 21, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Here are some of the things Howard County has accomplished during Dr. Ball’s administration’s first term:
– Nationally recognized and historic $16.1 million in bonuses for our educators;
– The launch of the “it’s OK to Ask” campaign to combat youth suicide and mental health challenges in our community;
– Over $20 million in HoCo RISE Business Grants to nearly 2,000 Howard County businesses, including restaurants, small retailers, farms, hotels, live venues, and childcare providers;
– A significant increase in government spending with local business;
– The designation as a “Best City for Jobs;”
– The largest Solar Power Purchase agreement in Maryland;
– The strongest Forest Conservation Law in Maryland;
– Historic $1 billion in public education funding;
– The creation and launch of a comprehensive flood mitigation efforts in Ellicott City;
– The designation as home to the Safest City in America; and
– Record funding increases to the Howard County Police Department and the Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services.