- This event has passed.
Howard County Office of Consumer Protection: Landlord-Tenant Law: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
January 30 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm EST
Maryland Libraries Together, a collaboration of libraries across the state, presents a series of legal and educational programs for Career Success Month. The Howard County Office of Consumer Protection (OCP) is partnering with Howard County Library System (HCLS) to provide an informative workshop on tenant’s rights and responsibilities.
Join us to to learn more about:
- shopping for a rental
- application fees and when they should be returned
- security deposits – to what they can and cannot apply
- differences between leases and month-to-month tenancy
- what should be included in a lease
- how rent increases should be communicated
- what to do if there’s a dispute with your landlord
- early termination and eviction
- rental scams and much more.
Workshops offered in English, Spanish and Korean
The Landlord-Tenant workshops are offered in a virtual format in English and Korean, and in-person in Spanish at the HCLS Central Branch Library. Admission is free but registration is required. Masks are optional.
English: January 30, 6:00 p.m. • Online Webinar • Register
Korean: February 6, 6:00 p.m. • Online Webinar • Register
Spanish: February 13, 6:00 p.m. • In-Person at the HCLS Central Branch, 10375 Little Patuxent Pkwy, Columbia, 21044 • Register